POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Making this Christmas ornament look more real : Re: Making this Christmas ornament look more real Server Time
5 Aug 2024 04:18:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making this Christmas ornament look more real
From: hughes, b
Date: 4 Dec 2002 15:49:16
Message: <3dee6a4c$1@news.povray.org>
Looks like you might be using version 3.1 still, or at least haven't thought
of using the variable reflection feature of 3.5. I think that might help
some but since an ornament like this usually reflects in a mirror-like
fashion it wouldn't vary a great deal I guess.

The solid white background is distracting to me, so makes it look like a
cut-out. Or maybe you are intending to use it with a transparent
backgound...?

A surrounding environment as has been suggested, even if only a sky_sphere,
would help unflatten it.